|Refugee fund and olympic shooting stamp|
Received from Anna from Limassol.
Gourri Village in the Troodos area. The name comes from a medieval aristocratic family named Gourri. Their coat of arms, a sun displayed, is found in several places on the island. One of the members of the family was Jacques du Gourri, viscount of Nicosia, who was a great supporter of Queeen Charlotte. He was assassinated in 1457 by James II, the last king of Cyprus. The church is dedicated to Saint George and it was built in 1775.